Experienced Worcester County Contempt Action Lawyer


Divorce judgments are like any court decision; they are enforceable by law and noncompliance is cause for serious consequences. A party in a divorce decision must abide by the terms of the order or he or she could be held in contempt of court, and may ultimately, depending on the circumstances, face the possibility of jail time.


At the Roncone Law Offices, P.C., we represent clients in both bringing and defending a contempt action. We will review your case for free and let you know how we can help. Contact the Worcester County contempt order attorneys at our firm today.


When Can Someone Pursue A Contempt Action?

Any willful violation of a pre-existing family court order can lead to potential contempt actions, including:

  • Refusal to pay child support
  • Interference with custody and visitation
  • Refusal to abide by a property division order
  • Refusal to pay alimony/spousal support
  • Failure to provide health insurance to a child
  • Failure to contribute to uncovered shared medical expenses
  • Failure to contribute to school or extracurricular activity expenses


It is the burden of the person filing the complaint to prove noncompliance with a court order. If that person is successful, the person found in contempt may also be responsible for attorney fees. Call our firm at (978) 534-2444 to discuss your contempt order options and obligations.



Avoiding Contempt Actions Through Modification

Sometimes there are legitimate reasons why someone does not follow a court order. Perhaps he or she lost a job and cannot afford child support payments. The visitation arrangement may be old and incompatible with a parent’s work or a child’s school schedule.


If your current order is out-of-date, or does not work with your financial situation, then it is often best to seek a family order modification. We can discuss why the modification is necessary and help seek a new order that better fits your current circumstances or the needs of your children.


Free Initial Phone Consultation With A Lawyer

Do not wait too long to hire an attorney to help you seek or defend a contempt action. We handle custody, property division, alimony and child support enforcement matters. Call us at (978) 534-2444 or  today to speak with a family law attorney.


We have represented clients in Leominster, Fitchburg, Worcester and the surrounding parts of Massachusetts since 1962.

Related Topics

Roncone Law Offices Leominster Massachusetts

Call Our Attorneys978-534-2444

Roncone Law Offices, P.C.

142 Main Street
Leominster, MA 01453​

Phone: 978-534-2444
Fax: 978-840-6000​

© 2020 Roncone Law Offices, P.C.. All Rights Reserved.


Disclaimer | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Website Maintenance by Kreative Dezign Studio

Contact Us For A Free Initial Phone Consultation


Tell us about the type of case you are faced with. We’ll tell you how we can help. Call us at  or send us an e-mail to speak with a Leominster and Worcester area personal injury attorney, family law, or criminal defense lawyer today.

Phone: 978-534-2444
Fax: 978-840-6000​

Roncone Law Offices, P.C.  on Facebook
Roncone Law Offices, P.C. on Twitter
Roncone Law Offices, P.C. on LinkedIn

142 Main St. Leominster, MA 01453​